- Go to Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs
- Uninstall any of the following:
- Browser Enhancer
- CiD Help
- CiD Manager
- LOP SEARCH
- Download Plugin for Internet Explorer
- Messenger Plus! and Sponsor or CiD Help
- Search Plugin
- Ultimate Browser Enhancer
- Window Search
- Window Searching
- Zone Media
- Restart your PC when complete.
If you do not remember which bundled software product you installed or do not see the above programs that included the sponsor software you can download and run the universal uninstaller > Uninstall.exe
Download NoLop.exe to your desktop.
Alternate Download Link
- First close any other programs you have running as this will require a reboot.
- Double click NoLop.exe to run it.
- Then click the button labelled "Search and Destroy".
- When scanning is finished you will be prompted to reboot only if infected,click 'OK'.
- Now click the "REBOOT" Button.
- A Message should popup from NoLop, if not, double click the program again and it will finish.
If you receive an error "mscomctl.ocx or one of its dependencies are not correctly registered," please download mscomctl.ocx to your system32 folder then rerun the program.
Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here or here
Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
- Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
- If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
- Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
- The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
- When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
- Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
- The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Download and install CCleaner
Download and install CCleaner
- Double click on the ccsetup.exe file to start the installation of the program.
- Select your language and click OK, then Next.
- Read the license agreement and click I Agree.
- Click Next to use the default install location.
- Under Install Options, choose all the default settings
- Click Install then finish to complete installation.
- Double click the CCleaner shortcut on the desktop to start the program.
- On the Windows tab, under Internet Explorer, uncheck Cookies if you do not want them deleted. (If deleted, you will likely need to re-enter your passwords at all sites where a cookie is used to recognize you when you visit).
- If you use either the Firefox or Mozilla browsers, the box to uncheck for Cookies is on the Applications tab, under Firefox/Mozilla.
- Click on the Options icon at the left side of the window, then click on Advanced.
uncheck Only delete files in Windows Temp folders older than 48 hours.
- Click on the Cleaner icon on the left side of the window, then click Run Cleaner to run the program.
- Caution: Only use the Registry feature if you are very familiar with the registry.
- Always back up your registry before making any changes.
- Exit CCleaner after it has completed it's process.
You should now be rid CiD and the annoying popups. If you are still any computer problems visit Computer Juice and ask for help in the Virus, Spyware & Security. Registration and help is always free!
Note: When installing software it is always best to read the EULA and never install Sponsor Programs unless you know exactly what they are.
More information on this can be found at the parent site: CiDhelp.com